POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available : Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available
From: ABX
Date: 2 Jan 2003 02:48:47
Message: <msp71v8a6018mhh2apioh9anqa6b7om4ov@4ax.com>
On Wed, 01 Jan 2003 21:01:45 +0100, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> > IE 5 Windows
> > Mozilla 1 Windows
> > Konqueror 3.0.1 Linux
>
> Indeed, a good selection of browsers for Mac users ;-)

Well, we have also txt version (it is in included dos archive) so there should
be no problem with the browser in that case ;-)

> Besides, if DocBook and XML are so good, why does the official documentation
> based on a proprietary system of extended HTML work so much better and on
> all browsers?  ;-) ;-) ;-)

That's not the problem of the DocBook idea but problem of rendering process. I
had not much time to customize all features available in free XSL stylesheets
and templates at http://docbook.sourceforge.net/projects/xsl/index.html. Also
I choosed xhtml as target for output for documentation. It is possible to use
'traditional' html. Please, verify:

html chunked: http://megapov.inetart.net/manual/html/index.html
html long: http://megapov.inetart.net/manual/html/megapov01.html

xhtml chunked: http://megapov.inetart.net/manual/index.html
xhtml long: http://megapov.inetart.net/manual/megapov01.html

I have checked xhtml output in validators but noticed only report about missed
alt and unnecessary "xmlns" attribute. Now I rechecked this and it seems
during development there appeared some duplicated ids. I have to investigate
it more. I have already found some bugs in free XSL files and some were fixed
for our release.

ABX